Is 2020 going to be your year for better credit? Will you buy a home in 2020?
If so, here is a list to get you started in the right direction.
BETTER CREDIT IN 2020
- I will pay all bills on the same day they come in.
- I will set auto-pay dates for earlier than the last date (when errors can cause an unfair late payment).
- I will keep all credit card balances below 50% of the limit at all times.
- I will buy only what I can afford to pay in full when the bill comes. (No more carrying balances and wasting precious money on interest.)
- I will not engage in so-called “retail therapy” or shopping out of emotion, which is an unhealthy financial habit.
- I will not take a loan with a finance company.
- I will not do any type of business with a “payday” type of loan.
- I will have credit in my own name and remove myself from piggyback credit on parents or strangers.
- I will remove myself from co-signed loans. I will not co-sign for anyone, ever, for any reason.
- I will take joy in nature, friendships, family, and God rather than in material possessions that I cannot truly afford.
Have a happy and blessed New Decade!