Several major lenders have rolled out new zero down loan programs for people of minority race. If you qualify, this is an excellent offer to take advantage of.
Here are three new mortgage programs:
BANK OF AMERICA: Community Affordable Home Solution
- Available currently in areas with a population more than 50% Black. They are rolling this out in Charlotte, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, and Miami. No money down, no bank fees, no mortgage insurance (only fire insurance required).
- No minimum credit score required. You do need to show income and ability to pay. Contact your local Bank of America for more details.
CHASE BANK: Enhanced Homebuyer Grant Program
- A $5,000 grant can be used for the down payment and/or closing costs. If you complete their homebuyer education course, you get an additional $500. This is a true grant that does not need to be repaid. Depending on the purchase price, it may or may not cover all the down payment and closing costs.
- This program is rolled out in 6,700 communities across America that have a majority Black population.
- Contact your local Chase Bank for more details.
TD BANK: TD Home Access Mortgage
- Offers a $5,000 credit toward down payment and closing costs to Black and Latino/Latina homebuyers who are in one of their specific communities. Contact your local TD Bank for more details.
THE REASON BEHIND THE PROGRAMS
These lenders are taking specific action to increase homeownership — and generational wealth — among communities that have struggled to meet the traditional asset requirements. When more Americans enjoy homeownership, our nation becomes stronger.
Statistics in 2020 showed the percentage of Black homeownership was 43%.
Latinx homeownership, 51%.
Asian American homeownership, 62%.
White/Caucasian homeownership, 72%.
If you or someone you know could benefit, please pass on this information to them.